Race Series Points
This refers to the points awarded for top 5 finishes and general participation in the six (6) races designated as being part of the series. Points are tallied based on a runners best 5 of 6 races during the season. Full details are provided below.
2018 Winners Corey Turnbull and Christie Walker are pictured.
2019 Winners were Ian Loughrey and Adele McLeod. (Photos pending,)
Rules and Eligibility
Brockville Road Runners Club
2020 Race Series
Participation and Qualification:
- Must be a member in good standing with the Brockville Road Runners Club by July 2nd of the current race year.
- Any club member entering two or more of the races within the race series is automatically entered into the race series and is eligible for awards. Participants in only a single event will not be entered into the race series.
- Race Series events include 6 races: Freeze Your Buns Series (3), Cornwall St. Lawrence Marathon runs (all distances), Canada Day Run, and the Thousand Islands Parkway Run.
- The best 5 of the 6 finishes (from point 3 above) will be used to calculate points for the year.
Divisions and Age Groups:
- Divisions (gender) are: male and female. Points awarded within each division are equal.
- Age groups for the male and female divisions are: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and over.
- A runner’s age on December 31, 2020 will be the key as to the age category a runner will be classified in for the whole 2020 running season. This will apply to race series points and also to age category results for all individual races.
Race Series Points System:
- Age Category Points are awarded to the top five finishers in each age category as follows: 1st: 10pts; 2nd: 8pts; 3rd: 6 pts; 4th: 5pts; 5th: 4pts. All other finishers are awarded 3pts.
- Overall Finisher Points awarded in a similar fashion from 1st (10pts.) to 5th (4pts.). There are not points assigned for all other finishers outside of the top 5.
- In the event of a tie, positions will then be decided by average place per race.
Appeals of Series Standings:
- Updated Brockville Road Runners Series Points will be posted following each race. Once posted, individuals will then have 1 month from the date of the race to appeal the standings, after which time standings will become official and final.
- During the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the end of the race year, prizes will be awarded to the top 3 point recipients in the male and female age category divisions, as well as to the top male and female in the overall finisher category. Note the age and overall divisions are independently scored with no link between them.
Feb 4, 2020